Today we continue the Buyer's Guide Series with a look at our favorite soft plastics. We've chosen 12 of our favorite plastics including worms, tubes, creatures, and minnow baits. Some of them are old stand by's while others are wild cards you might never have heard of.
This bonus video is designed to help you wade through the hundreds of soft plastics on the market and focus on the proven producers and best new options without wasting time and money. Each of these baits has been producing for us and we're confident will do the same for you.
Below is a breakdown of the baits we have confidence in. Whether you're finesse fishing, flipping, or chasing a reaction bite, there are baits here that will work for you. We're including some of our favorite colors and size recommendations for each as well. In no particular order, here are the baits...
1) Yamamoto Senko 5" and 6": http://bit.ly/2axAmNS
-Some of our favorite senko colors include Green Pumpkin black flake, Green Pumpkin Watermelon laminate, Baby Bass, and June Bug.
2) Zoom Super Fluke: http://bit.ly/2aqys0H
- The Fluke can be used to mimic any baitfish so "match the hatch" the best you can. Some of our favorite colors are Tennessee Shad, Green Pumpkin, Albino, and Smokin Shad.
3) Strike King Fat Baby Finesse Worm: http://bit.ly/2aKei5y
-Favorite colors include Blue Fleck, Green Pumpkin, and Watermelon Red Flake.
4) Net Bait 6.5" T-Mac Worm: http://bit.ly/2jndwj9
Favorite Colors Include Green Pumpkin, Junebug, Kentucky Special, and Texas Craw.
5) Reaction Innovations Man Bear Pig: http://bit.ly/2s51oIV
Not to be confused with Al Gore's Man Bear Pig, the Reaction Innovations version is a true fish producer! We've seen incredible results with this bait and often throw it in place of the Brush Hog. Favorite colors include Hematoma, Okeechobee Craw, Tramp Stamp, and Watermelon Red.
6) Keitech Crazy Flapper 4.4": http://bit.ly/2c3cXrp
This bait is a sleeper and you should really check it out. It has a TON of action and shines on a light Texas rig. Favorite colors include Green Pumpkin, Double Trouble, Green Pumpkin Fire, and Sprayed Grass.
7) Roboworm Alive Shad 4": http://bit.ly/2kDNeYw
Give your fish a unique look with this full-bodied worm. Favorite colors include Aarons Magic, Hologram Shad, Margarita Mutilator, and Morning Dawn.
8) Dry Creek 3.5" Tournament Tube: http://bit.ly/2cJwI6r
Favorite colors include Butt Ugly, Green Pumpkin, Old Ugly, and Mocha Copper Pepper.
9) Z-Man Finesse TRD: http://bit.ly/2hs4RtR
If you haven't thrown a ned rig yet, you're missing the boat. This one is for you! Green Pumpkin, Green Pumpkin Goby, Yoga Pants, and Mud Bug are all proven producers.
10) Roboworm Ned Worm: http://bit.ly/2j9F0Xy
Favorite Colors include Aarons Magic, Desert Craw, MM3, and Peoples Worm.
11) Realis V-TailShad: http://bit.ly/2PUH83Q
Unique bait that works equally well on a dropshot or a Damiki Rig. Favorite colors include Bluegill, Ghost Pearl Silver, and Violet Wakasagi.
12) Roboworm Fat 6" Straight Tail Worm: http://bit.ly/2awYSxM
The Roboworm is a proven bait in the West that is winning tournaments all over the country. Favorite colors include Aaron's Magic, MMIII, People's Worm, and Red Crawler.
13) Jackall Archelon: http://bit.ly/2uo4sN5
This is our favorite flipping bait fished on a heavy Texas Rig. Favorite colors include Green Pumpkin Candy, Green Pumpkin Pepper, and School Bluegill.
Favorite Flippin Stick- Expride 7'11" Extra Heavy: http://bit.ly/2nTq9FL
Favorite Hooks, jigheads, and weights...
-Vike Tungsten Weights: http://bit.ly/2DUIxB4
-Strike King 3/16 Tube Heads: http://bit.ly/2xpDBDK
-Gamakatsu 4/0 Superline Worm Hook: http://bit.ly/2ac92XG
-Ned LockZ HD Heads: http://bit.ly/2kIgRYK
-Owner Shaky Ultrahead: http://bit.ly/2iofJdg
Need Apparel? Tacticalbassin Gear is in stock! Get your hats, Hoodies, and sunshirts by emailing Tacticalbassinapparel@gmail.com